IMMY, founded in 1979, manufactures innovative lines of diagnostic tests and reagents for infectious diseases.
Accurate diagnosis is key to proper patient care, especially as the use of improper or unnecessary treatment that can lead to antimicrobial resistance is increasing. Providing healthcare professionals with a reliable and rapid test result is lifesaving for many patients.
From single test, rapid lateral flow assays (LFA) to high-volume, automated enzyme immunoassays (EIA/ELISA), IMMY has developed affordable solutions that provide faster turnaround times with proven clinical accuracy.
CrAg LFA Cryptococcal Antigen
Cryptococcal meningitis is one of the most common opportunistic infections among HIV/AIDS patients, with an estimated more than 220,000 cases and 181,000 deaths worldwide each year. Early detection and treatment of infection are key to reducing the mortality associated with this disease.
The CrAg LFA is highly sensitive and specific, with a rapid turnaround time of just 10 minutes.
Main product lines
- Lateral flow assays
- Enzyme immunoassays
- Rajasingham R, Wake RM, Beyene T, Katende A, Letang E, Boulware DR. Cryptococcal meningitis diagnostics and screening in the era of point-of-care laboratory testing. J Clin Microbiol. 2019;57(1):e01238-18.
- Kabanda T, Siedner MJ, Klausner JD, Muzoora C, Boulware DR. Point-of-care diagnosis and prognostication of cryptococcal meningitis with the cryptococcal antigen lateral flow assay on cerebrospinal fluid. Clin Infect Dis. 2014;58(1):113-116.
- Suwantarat N, Dalton JB, Lee R, et al. Large-scale clinical validation of a lateral flow immunoassay for detection of cryptococcal antigen in serum and cerebrospinal fluid specimens. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2015;82(1):54-56.
- Kozel TR, Bauman SK. CrAg lateral flow assay for cryptococcosis. Expert Opin Med Diagn. 2012;6(3):245-251.
- Jitmuang A, Panackal AA, Williamson PR, Bennett JE, Dekker JP, Zelazny AM. Performance of the cryptococcal antigen lateral flow assay in non-hiv-related cryptococcosis. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54(2):460-463.
Need IMMY Diagnostics products?
If you require specific products or prices, then please contact us and we will be glad to assist!